Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere (or the situation has been explained in an accompanying email to the editors).
- Author Eligibility: I am a current postgraduate student OR I completed my last postgraduate degree no more than three years ago OR I do not fulfill the normal criteria but have exceptional circumstances which I have explained in an email to the editors. For Guest Contributions, see the information in 'Author Guidelines'.
- The article is between 3000 and 5000 words and in English.
- Copyright permission has been attained for the use of any quotations, images etc not covered by fair usage. Authors are required to make sure submitted content does not infringe 3rd party copyright. More information from the Intellectual Property Office here: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/copy.htm
- Referencing: MLA style and the FORUM style guidelines as outlined in 'Guidelines for the Author' have been employed systematically throughout the body of the article and in the Works Cited.
- The text is spaced at 1.5; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); all notes appear as endnotes at the end of the article.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- Authors who make a submission to this journal must ensure they have read our Privacy and Consent Policy, and agree to its terms.
This is an Open Access journal. All material is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence, unless otherwise stated.
Please read our Open Access, Copyright and Permissions policies for more information.
The personal information entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The University and this journal adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which replaces the Data Protection Act 1998 in regulating how we collect, use, store and dispose of personal data.
Before you make a submission to this journal, please ensure you have read our Privacy and Consent Policy, and agree to its terms.
Updated May 2018